May 6, 2020
In response to the continued recommendations that all large gatherings be suspended to limit community transmission of COVID-19, all scheduled Rockford Symphony Orchestra and Rockford Youth Symphony Orchestra rehearsals, performances, and public events through May 16, 2020, are cancelled or postponed. We will make every effort to reschedule performances. The health and safety of all is our top priority.
The following performances at the Coronado Performing Arts Center and Hononegah Performing Arts Center have been cancelled:
- Soundbites at Mau-Nah-Tee-See Club (March 27, 2020)
- Beethoven Symphony No. 2 at Coronado Performing Arts Center (March 28, 2020)
- Soundbites at Mau-Nah-Tee-See Club (April 24, 2020)
- Prokofiev’s Fifth at Coronado Performing Arts Center (April 25, 2020)
- RSYO Spring Orchestra Concert at Hononegah Performing Arts Center (April 26, 2020)
- POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE Beauty and the Beast film with Orchestra (May 16, 2020)
If you have tickets to a postponed event:
- Keep your tickets, they will be honored at the rescheduled concert.
Options if you have tickets to a cancelled event:
- Donate your tickets. You will receive a tax receipt for your generous contribution.
- Exchange your tickets for a voucher to a future performance, including the 2020/21 season.
How can I donate/exchange my tickets?
- You may contact the RSO Box Office by phone at 815.965.0049, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The RSO administrative staff is working remotely. The offices and box office will be closed in the Riverfront Museum Park building. The staff will be checking voicemails.
Ticket donations/exchanges can be completed most efficiently by contacting Patron Services by emailing your request to email@example.com
Support Rockford Symphony Orchestra by Donating Your Tickets
To help with the serious financial impact that concert cancellations will have on RSO, ticket holders can choose to contribute their tickets back as a charitable gift (and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value). Your donation may ensure that Rockford Symphony Orchestra will continue to share the joy of live music.
The RSO will continue to monitor updates and recommendations from state, local, and federal leaders to determine if additional action needs to be taken.