The RSO is hiring!
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra is seeking a part-time Administrative Coordinator. This is an hourly, part-time position, reporting to the Executive Director.
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Assist customers in purchasing concert tickets
- Enter all bills into QuickBooks, process payments, maintain vendor files
- Oversee incoming and outgoing mail; distribute
- Schedule meetings for staff and arrange meeting spaces for Board and staff as needed
- Set up Board room for all meetings
- Coordinate volunteer scheduling, task training, and hospitality
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of office (conference room, storage areas)
- Maintain inventory and order all disposable office supplies
- Maintain all office equipment
- Assist with planning and other details for donor receptions and special events
- Arrange meals for RSO musicians on concert dates as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Willingness to embrace and adhere to RSO mission and vision
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Maintain current understanding of and effectively utilize Microsoft Office, TicketMaster, Patron Manager
- Willingness to be a flexible and committed team-member with the RSO administrative and artistic staff
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be available to work weekend concerts and events as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management or Communications preferred but not required. 1 to 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Stand for extended periods of time; push, pull and reach; occasionally bend, sit, stoop and stretch; occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Julie Thomas, Executive Director
Rockford Symphony Orchestra
Riverfront Museum Park
711 N. Main Street
Rockford, IL 61103