The Symphony Goes to School programs engage students in learning about the instrument families of an orchestra – brass, woodwinds, and strings. Attendees learn about the orchestra, engage with professional musicians, and hear a performance of live music. The presentation/performance is approximately 1 hour, which includes a time of Q & A with the students. These programs can be tailored to fit any grade level, elementary through high school.
The available sessions are:
Bodacious Brass | Wonderful Woodwinds | Spectacular Strings
- An introduction to each individual instrument represented in the family and the player
- An explanation of how sound is produced on the instrument
- A brief history of the instrument
- A musical performance consisting of multiple pieces, with each piece highlighting a different instrument being showcased
- Interactive questions and answers with the audience
Cost is $750 per program. Discounts are available for
additional performances at your school on the same day.
For more information contact Margo Stedman, Education and Community Engagement Director at 815.965.0049 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.