In 2016 the Rockford Symphony Orchestra created the Outstanding Music Educator Award to recognize an outstanding music educator in our community.
Current, full-time educators in Winnebago County who teach music in public or private schools, kindergarten through high school, are eligible to be nominated. Nominees should embody the following qualities:
- Demonstrates passion for music education and is a leader in the music education community
- Has a documented successful music education program and his/her school
- Makes a measurable difference in the lives of their students
The nomination must include information from the nominator as to how their candidate embodies the qualities of the award, as well as a letter of support from another peer or administrator of the candidate. This peer-nominated award will be reviewed by a committee made up of RSO board members, members of the musical community, and community members at large.
The award winner will be announced at the RSO’s annual gala on March 18, 2017. The winner will receive:
- An invitation for two to the RSO’s Golden Ball
- A recognition plaque
- $250 to spend on classroom supplies
- $250 to use for personal professional development
- Two subscriptions to the RSO’s 2017/18 Classics Series concerts